The island of Mykonos ranks among the most desirable destinations of the planet, and since the late 50’s has become the island attracting celebrities from all over the world.
Mykonos belongs to the complex of Cyclades islands and, together with Delos, Rhenia, and some rocky islets, it constitutes a geographical complex with an extent of 87 square kilometers. The island has an excellent network of transport and communication. Its International Airport has many daily flights to Athens and there are frequent ferries to the other Cycladic islands, Athens, Rafina and Crete.
Platis Gialos is one of the most cosmopolitan resorts of Mykonos, with an organized beach-among the best in the island-with all necessary tourist facilities.
There are frequent boat rights from here to some of the island’s most famous beaches, like Paradises, Super Paradise, Agrari, Elia.
Below is some useful information on distance and cost in euros, to some main destinations
- Mykonos Airport: 3 km (taxi fare: € 10, bus fare: € 1.40)
- Mykonos Port (New): 5 km (taxi fare: € 10, bus fare: € 1.40)
- Mykonos Port (Old): 4 km (taxi fare: € 10 , bus fare: € 1.40)
- Mykonos Town (Chora): 4 km (taxi fare: € 8, bus fare: € 1.40)
- Ano Mera Town: 14 km (taxi fare: € 12, bus fare: € 1.40)
- Paradise Beach: 2 km
- Supermarket: 10 meters
- Bus Stop: 10 meters